Graphicacy, a data visualization, design and interactive studio, is recruiting an experienced developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about innovative front-end solutions. They will be capable of designing cutting-edge digital experiences for Graphicacy’s clients to continue to set Graphicacy apart as a leader in innovative and well designed digital products.
We are a small team that works fast — as such, we want to work with people who are forward thinking, self-motivated and excited about new opportunities.
This position is for a developer who has the ability to be as effective writing code as s/he is talking to clients and collaborating with designers, project managers, and other developers. Graphicacy creates unique products that solve data and interactive challenges in new and engaging ways, so we're looking for someone who can see the whole board, communicate effectively, and think creatively about how to build great products
About the role
- Work with Graphicacy’s clients to design beautiful and informative interactive and static data visualizations, online applications and information graphics.
- Translate user requirements into interactively designed interfaces for applications/products.
- Craft solutions: Play a key role in helping to turn client ideas into executable solutions considering their needs, design opportunities and limitations, and technical options
- Be a technology guide: Help clients understand what's possible and what's best given their content, data, and audiences.
- Help make Graphicacy better: Provide ongoing input on Graphicacy's technology toolkit and approaches, helping us to build better things and to build things better.
- Support existing software with quick troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Passion for, and experience and interest in data visualization, information graphics and familiarity with a range of full-stack technologies. Graphicacy manages a range of projects built on Angular, Vue, and React.
- Ability to lead scoping and development conversations for technical and non-technical participants alike
- Fluency in approaches to a wide variety of interactive products, and the ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new ones.
- Experience with CMS builds, including Drupal and WordPress.
- Experience with Python, a plus.
- Experience participating and/or leading discovery processes to develop a deep understanding of client needs and goals and match those with technical solutions.
- Skill at planning and implementing custom technical solutions from scratch.
- Strive to develop accessible code with comprehensive tests and thorough documentation.
- Strive to write elegant, adaptable code.
- You have a passion for learning and self-improvement.
Graphicacy is a data visualization and design studio based in Washington, DC. We offer clear graphic solutions that help clients tell complex, data-rich stories in visual form. In addition to offering services that meet the needs of specific projects, we are also committed to developing scalable products.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying